Pages

May 05, 2011

Les Chefs de France at Epcot

Are you ready to take a trip to France? Hmmmm, not enough time to hop on a plane? Well then, come along  with me on a visit to Les Chefs de France at Epcot  in the French Pavilion!
Walking into the Les Chefs de France is like taking a quick trip to Paris! We were seated by the window and were able to watch people stroll by. My husband and I enjoyed a three course meal! :)
I enjoyed the Salade ua blue (romaine hearts, blue cheese dressing, bacon, walnuts, croutons).
My husband started in on the Bisque de Hombard  (otherwise know as Lobster Bisque) right away, even before I could take a photo!  He said it tasted just like the Lobster Bisque that he once enjoyed in the "real" Paris, France.  I believe he enjoyed every bite!
My next course was Gratin de macaroni ( Baked macaroni with cream and gruyere cheese). While I enjoyed it I thought it could have been a little more creamy for my taste.
My husband had the Plat de Cote de Boeuf au Cabarnet avc pates (Beef short ribs braised in Cabernet with pasta, pearl onions and mushrooms).  The beef was very tender but I think the Lobster Bisque was a hard dish to top as far as he was concerned.
I will admit that dessert is often my favorite part of the meal! I loved the Creme Brulee (vanilla creme brulee and a madeleine). The crunchy sugary topping is a great match with the creamy vanilla custard like pudding found underneath. Okay, now that I am looking at this photo I am ready to go back right now for another one!
My husband ordered  the Profiteroles au chocolat (Puff choux with vanilla ice cream and chocolate sauce), and he enjoyed every bite.  I think I even enjoyed a bit of it too!
During our dinner we had a visit from Remy the rat from "Ratatouille"!  
You can read more about that visit here!  Fun is to be had at Les Chefs de France!

5 comments:

Charlene said...

Think we could get in for dinner tomorrow? Check out the Flower and Garden Festival.... fly back Saturday? LOL Imagine the note on the counter when our husbands got home from work! :)

Bet my Mom would pick us up!

Marilyn Robertson said...

Sounds great to me Char - let's go!

Carol-Beth Scott said...

Well clearly you didn't make it on the 5th. I'm sure you were both just waiting until I could join you, right? Let's go!

Charlene said...

Maybe we were quiet about it.......

Marilyn Robertson said...

Well, the Ultimate Field Trip IS only 116 days away right now....and I am looking forward to some fun and good food!