Pages

October 11, 2010

Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin

The Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin attraction is one of my favorite things to do while in the Magic Kingdom. I can never just ride this once and be happy. This ride is a video-game inspired ride that is based on the story line of Buzz Lightyear and the Evil Emperor Zurg from Disney's Toy Story 2 movie. 
I totally enjoy blasting away at the Evil Emperor Zurg's robot minions!  While spinning around in the space cruiser you hit the targets with the laser cannon. When a target is hit there are fun sounds and special effects to be seen. Points are added to your score on the display screen in the front of the space cruiser.  As you walk out of the attraction you can see the photo that was taken of you during the ride and the rank you received.  I was happy to see that I was at the Galactic Hero rank which is the highest rank possible!  My husband was at the Star Cadet rank. We won't even go there! I think something was said about my spinning the space cruiser around too much, or not spinning it at the right time. That could be the case, but I will be keeping my Galactic Hero rank and leaving it at that!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I like the Space Ranger Spin, but I love the Toy Story Midway Mania!!

kimberdee said...

I love this ride! I am usually the one with the lowest score though.

Cindy said...

I love this one too! especially since the last time I rode I too was a galactic hero! and the fam... well i think they hit a few things. ~Smiles~