Pages

September 27, 2010

Disney's Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue


My husband and I had the opportunity to attend the Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue dinner show held at the Fort Wilderness Resort. We had a wonderful time! This show is the longest running dinner show at Walt Disney World. It has a Country & Western feel that just might set your foot to tapping or even stomping! The entertainment  is top notch. There is a lot of singing, dancing and of course plenty of corny jokes.







The dinner menu consists of all-you-care-to-eat fried chicken, smoked BBQ pork ribs, seasonal vegetable, baked beans and corn bread. Strawberry shortcake is served for dessert. I must admit that while dessert is usually my favorite part of any meal, I had my doubts that this dessert would match the quality of the meal. I was afraid it would be like the soggy yellow type cake with watery strawberries spooned over it that I have been served in restaurants (non Disney related) before.  I am happy to say I was wrong and enjoyed every bite!   The food is served in between the the singing and dancing of the cast. At times you will see the guests having such a great time they can't help but stand and twirl their red gingham napkins over their heads and join in with the laughter and fun. 
During the final musical number the servers hand out washboards to the guests. They encourage you to take a "clean" spoon and help the band out with some added rhythm. I must admit that along with the strawberry shortcake this was one of my favorite parts of the show!

No comments: